Kevin A Dunlap is a man of many interests and backgrounds.
Here is a recent interview on 360 Vegas, a part of the Las Vegas BBB Magazine, by Norm Clarke.
Real Estate Timeline
He is often asked the question, “How long have you been in real estate?” His answer is always, “It depends on what question you are actually asking.”
On January 1, 2002, Kevin began to listen on cassette tape Anthony Robbins’ program called Personal Power. In that book, Robbins talks about regardless of what your goals may be you must first get your finances in order.
Shortly after finishing this audio program Kevin bought his first home in Wilmington, NC which led to a second home a couple of months later. In 2003 while visiting his brother in Tuscaloosa, AL he found and purchased an 11-unit small apartment complex.
In January 2004, he moved from Wilmington to Las Vegas, NV. He had met some other out-of-state investors which led to working with them for several months. By June 2004 Kevin was working his own business in the area of lease options (a.k.a., rent-to-own) consultation and investing.
Many years later Kevin decided to take and pass the real estate exam which led to him finally getting his REALTOR®’s license in August 2012.
As you can see the original question is quite convoluted depending on what you mean by the question you are actually asking.
REALTOR® – since August 2012
Consultation Business – since June 2004
Real Estate Investor – since February 2002
When Kevin graduated high school he had a desire to see and travel the world. He realized the best way to do that would be to get paid while traveling. He did this by joining the U.S. Navy at the age of 18.
While serving almost five years he had the fortunate opportunity to be stationed for two 2-year tours in Yokosuka, Japan. Thereby, allowing him to see and experience several countries over the course of the four years.
Japan, China, South Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, Tasmania, Bahrain, Phillippine Islands, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Indonesia.
Other interesting facts
Kevin has also many other interesting facts about him.
- Computer programmer while working on Y2K.
- Bachelors of Arts degree in Applied Mathematics from UWF (University of West Florida).
- 3 years of graduate study in Physical Meteorology at FSU (Florida State University).
- College math tutor in Pensacola, FL (at UWF), recitation instructor at FSU and college math teacher at BCC (Brunswick Community College) & CFCC (Cape Fear Community College) in Wilmington, NC.
- Stunt performer in multiple films and plays. You can see the credited roles on IMDB (International Movie DataBase).
- While stunt training Kevin prepared himself by taking up activities which involved
- Stage hand-to-hand combat.
- Stage swordplay, mainly with rapier and dagger or quarterstaff
- Skydiver – 20 logged jumps
- Scuba diver – mainly in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Precision driving
Kevin is in the author of 3 books. You can find them here.